Terms and Conditions – Manchester Antique and Vintage Textile Fair
All stands are offered for hire by the Textile Society, hereafter called THE SOCIETY; the hirer of these stands hereafter called THE TRADER.
1. All stands must be paid for on confirmation of booking
No refunds will be given within 28 days of the Fair unless the stand is re-hired. In case of cancellation The Society will retain 25% of the fee to cover administration expenses. A full refund will be made to The Trader if The Society cancels the event for any reason. The Society cannot be held responsible for events such as civil action, acts of God or other events beyond their control.
2. The Trader must provide display boards, mannequins, clothes rails, racks etc, and all such equipment and unsold stock must be removed at the end of the Fair.
3. All stock MUST remain within the allocated space. To comply with Health & Safety and Fire Regulations NO stock should cover or encroach upon FIRE EXITS or AISLES, OR ANOTHER TRADER’S STAND. The Society WILL remove stock which contravenes this.
The Society has the discretion to remove any item that is not deemed suitable to the aims and theme of the Textile Society’s Manchester Antique and Vintage Textile Fair. As a general rule, this would apply to items of a contemporary nature, dating from 1980 onwards, (excluding those which have cultural/ethnic value, or which are sold as conservation materials, or are newly published books on textile subjects). Items that do not relate to historic textiles and allied subjects will not be permitted. If in doubt, the Trader should seek advice from The Society.
4. The Society is not responsible for any loss, damage or theft of Traders’ goods and effects at the Textile Society’s Manchester Antique and Vintage Textile Fair. The Society has Public Liability insurance for the event. The Trader is responsible for insurance of their own goods and effects.
5. Stands are offered on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, though priority booking will be given to 2019 stallholders. The Society reserves the right to decide the placement and allocation of Traders’ stands. The final decision on allocation and placement rests with the Society and is not negotiable.
6. The Society reserves the right to photograph goods and displays at the Textile Society’s Manchester Antique and Vintage Textile Fair for future publicity use.
7. Electricity supplied to stands is used at the Traders own risk. The Society reserves the right to request removal of any electrical goods or appliances which do not conform to Health & Safety regulations or which pose a potential hazard to the public. All electrical items used at the Fair must be PAT tested.
8. Doors to the venue will open at 7.30 am on the morning of the Fair.
9. No trader is permitted to begin packing away their stand until 4.30pm on the day of the Fair.
10. Data Protection: The Society will keep your booking details and data for the current Fair until 30 November at which date they will be deleted.