Museum, Archive and Conservation Award
The Society offers awards of up to £5,000 for a textile related project within the museum, archive and conservation sector.
The Museum, Archive and Conservation Award is designed to support textile related projects within a museum, archive, or conservation studio for an exhibition, publication or conservation project that will help achieve greater awareness and access for the public.
The Textile Society invites applications from all museums, archives and conservation studios with accredited or provisionally accredited status.
Priority will be given to applications from small to medium sized institutions with an annual turnover of less than £750,000 per year.
Closing date: 30 September 2020
Applicants must be institutional or individual members of the Textile Society.
The project should have a clearly defined educational objective that will increase public access to a collection or archive.
The project must be supported by a clear project plan, objectives and outcomes.
All applications must have the support of the senior management team or trustees of their institution or organisation.
The Society is looking for creative projects that are viable and have vision.
You may make one application only. Applications should include:
- An application form, including your institutional or individual Textile Society membership number, and museum or archive accreditation number.
You must complete all sections of the form.
- A clear outline of your project in Word or PDF format (maximum four sides of A4).
- Four good quality visuals (minimum 300dpi), fully referenced.
- A full budget breakdown indicating how much support you are requesting from the Textile Society, and sources of other funding where appropriate.
- A clear statement of how Textile Society funding will be spent.
- An additional paragraph (maximum 300 words) explaining how your institution could benefit the aims of the Textile Society and its members.
- Salaries of employees or the running costs of the institution
- Projects that have already started
- Display cases
- Institutions outside of the UK
Individuals are not eligible for this award unless attached to a museum.
Individual researchers are invited to submit applications for Professional Development Awards or the Critical Writing Open Award.
In addition, the Society invites the submission of papers for presentation at its biennial Research Symposium.
- A working liaison with successful applicants in receipt of an award is encouraged.
As such, the Textile Society should be appropriately acknowledged and the Textile Society logo should be displayed on all written material.
The Society should be provided with a report which may be published in Text (the Textile Society journal) and/or a study day held at the awarded institution, if appropriate.
- By submitting images to the Textile Society the applicant grants permission for all images to be used by the Textile Society for the purposes of publicity, including, but not limited to, use on the public website and social media channels, and all other publicity material such as the Textile Society journal Text, News, posters, etc.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all material is fully cleared for these purposes.
- The Textile Society journal Text is archived by the British Library.
By submitting images to the Textile Society it is deemed that the applicant grants permission for all material to be archived.
- Museums, archives and conservation studios that have been successful in receiving an award should not re-apply for five years.
- Documents should be in Word or PDF format.
- All documents and images should be clearly titled with the name of the institution submitting the application.
- Please send your proposal and images, together with your completed application form, to email@example.com
- Submissions exceeding 25MB should be sent using an online transfer service for larger files.
- Confirmation of receipt of your application will be sent one week after the closing date. If you do not hear from us, please get in touch.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome within three months of the closing date.
- Applications that have not adhered to the above criteria may not be considered.
- The Textile Society Committee decision is final.