Professional Development Award
The Textile Society supports the development of professional practitioners.
The Society’s Professional Development Awards of up to £2,000 support the further development of professional practitioners within their chosen textile discipline, whether art, craft, design, curatorial, scientific or any other textile related field.
The Awards are intended for professionals and PhD candidates working within a recognised field of textiles.
Applications are assessed annually, and the award is given on the strength of the applicant meeting the professional criteria within their discipline and chosen textile field.
Closing date: 1 October 2020
Please note that BA and MA students are not eligible for these awards but are invited to submit applications for Student Bursaries.
The judges are looking for innovative and ambitious projects showing energy and originality.
Applicants must be individual members of the Textile Society.
You may make one application only. Applications should include:
- A completed application form with your individual membership number.
- A project proposal.
- Up to six good quality visuals (minimum 300 dpi), appropriately referenced.
- An outline of how the Textile Society funding would be spent, with costings.
- An indication of how your project will further the aims of the Textile Society and benefit its members.
- A short CV
- A working liaison with successful applicants in receipt of an award is encouraged.
As such, the Textile Society should be appropriately acknowledged and the Textile Society logo should be displayed on all written material.
The Society should be provided with a report which may be published in Text (the Textile Society journal) and/or a study day or other educational event at an appropriate venue.
- By submitting images to the Textile Society the applicant grants permission for all images to be used by the Textile Society for the purposes of publicity, including, but not limited to, use on the public website and social media channels, and all other publicity material such as the Textile Society journal Text, News, posters, etc.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all material is fully cleared for these purposes.
- The Textile Society journal Text is archived by the British Library.
By submitting images to the Textile Society it is deemed that the applicant grants permission for all material to be archived.
- Documents should be in Word or PDF format.
- The documentation should not exceed four sides of A4.
- All documents and images should be clearly titled with the name of the applicant.
- Please send your project proposal and images, together with the completed application form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions exceeding 25MB should be sent using an online transfer service for large files.
- Confirmation of receipt of your application will be sent within one week of the closing date. If you do not hear from us, please get in touch.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome within three months of the closing date.
- Applications that have not adhered to the above criteria may not be considered.
- The Textile Society Committee decision is final.